About the EU RO MR Group
• Soon after the Regulation (EC) No 391/2009 entered into force in 2009, the EU ROs agreed that it was necessary to hold discussions on how to cooperate on implementation of Article 10.1 (Mutual Recognition).
• The EU ROs agreed on organisational arrangements and methods of work and this was approved and adopted by the EU ROs on 7 October 2010.
• The organisational structure of the EU RO MR Group consists of a Steering Committee which may be assisted by AdHoc Groups, a Technical Committee which may be assisted by Task Groups, and a Secretariat.
• The EU RO MR Group Secretariat was formally established in February 2013 to administer the activities of the Committees and associated Groups.
• The leadership of the Steering Committee and Technical Committee is on a rotating chair basis, with each EU RO scheduled for its turn as chair over the next few years.
Current EU RO MR Group Members
EU RO MR Group Structure
The Steering Committee is responsible for:
• the establishment and administration of the procedures and methods of work between the EU ROs;
• the implementation of Mutual Recognition of classification certificates for materials, equipment and components.
• the provision of information to stakeholders, and stakeholder relations
Chair to the Steering Committee
From 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022
Indian Register of Shipping
The Technical Committee is responsible for:
- the development of Technical Requirements and procedures to use for Mutual Recognition of classification certificates;
- the maintenance of the agreed Mutual Recognition Technical Requirements
Chair to the Technical Committee
From 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
Senior Surveyor & Auditor
The Secretariat is responsible for:
- the document management of the Technical Requirements and associated procedures;
- the organisation and coordination of the MR Group’s activities;
- the dissemination of information relating to MR;
- the coordination of the EU RO MR Group stakeholder relations;
Secretary to the EU RO MR Group
From 1 June 2016
Regulatory Affairs, DNV
For further information or guidance, please contact us: [email protected]