About the EU RO MR Group
• Soon after the Regulation (EC) No 391/2009 entered into force in 2009, the EU ROs agreed that it was necessary to hold discussions on how to cooperate on implementation of Article 10.1 (Mutual Recognition).
• The EU ROs agreed on organisational arrangements and methods of work and this was approved and adopted by the EU ROs on 7 October 2010.
• The organisational structure of the EU RO MR Group consists of a Steering Committee which may be assisted by AdHoc Groups, a Technical Committee which may be assisted by Task Groups, and a Secretariat.
• The EU RO MR Group Secretariat was formally established in February 2013 to administer the activities of the Committees and associated Groups.
• The leadership of the Steering Committee and Technical Committee is on a rotating chair basis, with each EU RO scheduled for its turn as chair over the next few years.
Current EU RO MR Group Members
- American Bureau of Shipping ("ABS")
- Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore SAS ("BV")
- China Classification Society ("CCS")
- Croatian Register of Shipping ("CRS")
- DNV ("DNV")
- Indian Register of Shipping ("IRS")
- Korean Register ("KR")
- Lloyd's Register Group Ltd. ("LR")
- Nippon Kaiji Kyokai General Incorporated Foundation ("NK" or "ClassNK");
- Polski Rejestr Statkow S.A. ("PRS")
- RINA Services S.p.A. ("RINA")
EU RO MR Group Structure
The Steering Committee is responsible for:
• the establishment and administration of the procedures and methods of work between the EU ROs;
• the implementation of Mutual Recognition of classification certificates for materials, equipment and components.
• the provision of information to stakeholders, and stakeholder relations
Chair to the Steering Committee
From 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023
Senior Principal Surveyor
The Technical Committee is responsible for:
- the development of Technical Requirements and procedures to use for Mutual Recognition of classification certificates;
- the maintenance of the agreed Mutual Recognition Technical Requirements
Chair to the Technical Committee
From 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
Senior Surveyor & Auditor
The Secretariat is responsible for:
- the document management of the Technical Requirements and associated procedures;
- the organisation and coordination of the MR Group’s activities;
- the dissemination of information relating to MR;
- the coordination of the EU RO MR Group stakeholder relations;
Secretary to the EU RO MR Group
From 1 June 2016
Regulatory Affairs, DNV
For further information or guidance, please contact us: [email protected]