Tier 7 Development
The EU ROs are currently developing the Tier 7 MR Technical Requirements (MR TRs) for publication on 02 January 2019.
Tier 7 Industry Consultation Phase
Industry Associations representing the global marine equipment and technology industry are asked to contact their members to request a review of the Technical Requirements from an end user point of view.
All feedback received until 15 September 2018 will be considered carefully by the Technical Committee and changes will be incorporated in the final version of the MR TRs where appropriate.
The EU RO MR Group will provide a response on the outcome of these considerations before the MR TRs are adopted on 01 January 2019.
Tier 7 Draft MR Technical Requirements (MR TRs)
These draft MR TRs are provided for information only as part of the Industry Consultation Process.
The infomation contained within the MR TRs may be subject to change as the MR TRs have not been adopted by the EU ROs.
The final version of the MR TRs will be published on https://www.euromr.org/technical-requirements as soon as adopted.
- Differential Pressure Switches Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Dual Temperature and Pressure Switches Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Flow Switches Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Level Switches Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Position SwitchesTier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Pressure Relief Valve in Class III Piping System Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Pressure Switches Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
- Temperature Switches Tier 7 v0.0 Draft
Feedback shall be coordinated by industry associations using the Industry Consultation Phase - Feedback Table - v1.0.docx
Completed forms shall be sent to:
[email protected] by 15 September 2018.
MR Technical Requirements (MR TR) Development
The first step of the development process is to consider which products could be suitable for MR TR development. The EU RO MR Group currently use the following Product Consideration Process to review the suitability of potential products:
The EU ROs apply the Simplified Risk Based Model (Opt In / Opt Out criteria) to asecertain product suitability for MR.
After the Product Consideration Process has been completed and the products for a particular tier of products have been elected, the Technical Committee discuss and negotiate a mutually recognised draft requirement for each product, based on the most demanding and rigorous standard, as required by the Article 10.1 of the Regulation (EC) 391/2009 using the MR TR Development Process below:
Technical Requirements Maintenance Process
- Change Requests and/or feedback for the agreed Technical Requirements shall be made in writing to the EU RO MR Secretariat ( [email protected] ). The EU RO MR Technical Committee and Steering Committee follow the process below.
- Change Requests include (but are not limited to) procedural updates, test requirement updates, rule changes or industry feedback and can vary in significance from a simple editorial change to a technical parameter or test change that may require industry consultation.
- Revisions of Technical Requirements are endorsed (where appropriate) by the EU RO MR Steering Committee and are re-issued on a regular basis.